RE: [wg-c] straw vote -- question one results & call for votes on remaining questions

> *NO* alternative RSC "worked with" IANA. *ALL* of them
> decided to take the
> IANA root zone as a starting point, and then add to their
> hearts content.

Wrong John, ALL of the RSC's started with the IANA root-zone. This was
ipso facto concession to IANA. ORSC worked with Postel a lot,
discussions never ceased, proposals were continuously drafted,
negotiations were always open. That there is a huge communications
break-down on the IANA side of the house does not mean that the RSCs
weren't working with IANA, and now ICANN.

Chris and I are both here. Do you call that "not working"?

This characterization of yours is pure FUD. Although I will concede it
to be innocent FUD, rather than malicious. You simply don't understand.

BTW, I wouldn't dismiss Karl's point, about multi-rooted systems, so
quickly. I consider that a serious option.