Re: [wg-c] straw vote -- question one results & callfor votes on remaining questions

Hi Dave,

Since the proposal you are referring to is evidently the one that came
from me, I must reiterate that my goal is not to give "special favors"
simply for the sake of doing so.

The fundamental intent is to find a compromise that can reunify the
contending parties under the IANA/ICANN root. Yes, it offers offers
something to non-IANA TLD operators... not TLDs, but attractive terms to
begin operation as ICANN-accredited registrars. It is a blatantly
political compromise, and it requires some giving to get it.

http://www.flywheel.com/ircw/wgc1plan.html

Is my proposal so unplalatable that you would consider a continuing
freeze on the gTLD space to be preferable?

Craig Simon