Re[4]: [wg-c] straw vote -- question one results & call for votes on remaining questions

Monday, August 30, 1999, 2:53:42 PM, Dave Crocker <dcrocker@brandenburg.com> wrote:

> At 02:45 PM 8/30/99 , Christopher Ambler wrote:
>>It all is, nonetheless, irrelevant to WG-C, and I would politely ask
>>that you two take it offline.

> Interesting how quickly relevance gets forgotten.

> We have a straw poll question that asks about giving favored position to
> "existing" TLD operators.

> My straw vote submission included the strong comment that those who
> operated independently should not be given special favors.  Roeland (not
> William) took exception and lumped then IAHC and POC/CORE work into the
> same category as the independent efforts.

> Since we are being polled about giving special status, it helps to know
> something about the facts concerning those being considered.

And any such concern also extends IDENTICALLY to IAHC/POC/CORE
They had no more authority or legal mandate than anyone else.

--
William X. Walsh - DSo Internet Services
Email: william@dso.net  Fax:(209) 671-7934

Join DNSPolicy.com's discussion list!