RE: [wg-c] straw vote -- question one results & call for votes on remaining questions

Thank you for adding substantiation to my assertion:

At 09:54 AM 8/30/99 , Roeland M.J. Meyer wrote:
>I guarantee that you won't get a single existing RSC to say that this is
>so. Every one of us enhances the IANA root, but we do NOT replace it. We

When one works independently of a thing, implements entirely different
policies from it, and depends upon gaining support by replacing the direct
users of that thing, then one is seeking to replace that thing.

It does not matter what language the alternate-root operators use; it
matters how they act.

>Besides, the IANA is much more than the root-zone, as all of us know.
>That we don't recognise IANA's authority to restrict the root-zone we

If one does not acknowledge the authority of a thing -- actually it was
more strong than "not acknowledging", since those operators typically
claimed that IANA had no authority -- and one seeks to take on that
authority for oneself, then one is seeking to replace that thing.

d/

Dave Crocker                                         Tel: +1 408 246 8253
Brandenburg Consulting                               Fax: +1 408 273 6464
675 Spruce Drive                             <http://www.brandenburg.com>
Sunnyvale, CA 94086 USA                 <mailto:dcrocker@brandenburg.com>