Re: [wg-c] breaking up (names) is hard to do

At 06:00 PM 8/25/99 , A.M. Rutkowski wrote:
>I think NSF will not discriminate among the
>820 awardees who received the 5280 CISE awards.
>The assets remain those of the awardee.  That was

It is convenient to keep ignoring the differences between those other
awardees and NSI, isn't it?

It would be quite nice to get a response about the points that have been
raised, repeatedly, the latest being a week ago:

>NSI is welcome to keep all of the hardware and software it has acquired.
>
>But let's be clear about the so-called intellectual property:
>
>1.  NSI did not create the DNS.
>
>2.  NSI did not create com/net/org.
>
>3.  NSI did not create administration of com/net/org.
>
>4.  NSI did not create the current com/net/org registration data base.
>
>NSI was assigned administrative responsibilities after another group had
>operated these domains for EIGHT years.  NSI has grown an existing data base.
>
>5.  The precedent of re-assignment demonstrates that both administrative
>responsibility AND the related registration data base are NOT property
>associated with the money provided to pay for the administration.
>
>Those claiming NSI's ownership are encouraged to respond to these matters
>of simple fact.

So rather than get blind repetition of pseudo-legal pronouncements, how
about getting some responsiveness to counter-points?

Guerilla pronounce-and-run tactics might be more comfortable but they
aren't very productive.

Come on out and play with the rest of us.

d/

Dave Crocker                                         Tel: +1 408 246 8253
Brandenburg Consulting                               Fax: +1 408 273 6464
675 Spruce Drive                             <http://www.brandenburg.com>
Sunnyvale, CA 94086 USA                 <mailto:dcrocker@brandenburg.com>