Re: [wg-c] breaking up (names) is hard to do

> >DoC/NSF/ICANN: Hey NSI, stop messing around and come into line or else.
> >
> >NSI: Or else what? You gonna cut me off? Nyaaaaahhhh!!!!
> >---
> >
> >Blocks the game a bit, doesn't it?
>
> John,
>
> You forgot...
> Legal community: You're going to cut them off on what authority?

On the authority that NSF decided to get NSI to run com/net/org and if it
doesn't reach an acceptable agreement might no longer want to let them
continue to do so, and re-tender it? I guess that if NSF have authority to
tender a 5 year bid, they have authority to call the end of those five years
(6 1/2 years later)?

IANAL, but I can read a cooperative agreement. In any case, it's not my
layman opinion that counts, and it probably will end up the courts anyway,
which I find logical. If it ends up in the courts, it's going to take longer
to solve than if it ends amicably between NSF & NSI, and the longer it
takes, the more NSI (your client) earns, no?

What do you think?

Yours, John Broomfield.