RE: [wg-c] breaking up (names) is hard to do

Title:

> An important part of modern advertising includes the domain
> name.  Having
> to CHANGE the domain name is, therefore, a source of customer
> confusion.  What worked yesterday doesn't work today.  Given
> the semantic
> component to domain names, changing an established domain name hurts
> established customer association.

All I can say Dave is that you're wrong. The actual domain name is becoming less of a factor. Just look at the ASK.COM site. It's advertised and branded as "Ask Jeeves" yet the URL is http://www.ask.com. The marketing folks know about the problems and are adjusting accordingly.

R O E L A N D  M E Y E R
Managing Architect
E-Commerce Practice

300 Montgomery St., Suite 888