Re: [wg-c] is this really the work we have before us?

> Remember, Dave, even if registries are re-bid every 2 years,
> there's nothing that says I can't charge you $5 the first year,
> and then say, "Hell, I'm going to be re-bid anyway, make it $5000
> this year!" the next.

Actually, on this particular point, as a generality, I think that the bid
should be something along these lines:
"Specify the price you are willing to charge per domain registered given the
following conditions of X,Y,Z".
Those that can fulfill those conditions will probably be competing amongst
themselves on price to get the bid. I would imagine that the price would
stay fixed, or have some clause that allows for increase due to inlation or
something along those lines. It's not price fixing, it's just carrying out a
contract where the company has stated what price it will charge. If it tries
to change that ($5000 the last year), then they'd be sacked for breach of
contract I'd imagine...

Yours, John Broomfield.