Re[2]: [wg-c] Recap from past threads...

Sunday, August 22, 1999, 11:07:42 PM, Roeland M.J. Meyer <rmeyer@mhsc.com> wrote:

> Since then, these debates have convinced me that the emphasis needs to
> be on registries, not TLDs. That our fuzziness stems from confusing
> these different issues (TLD vs Registry). I don't believe that there is
> too much disagreement with this view.

Please explain this, as I am not sure that I agree with it.

We are addressing new gTLDs and the rules under which the registries
that will manage them will operate.  The two go hand in hand and can
not really be seperated.

--
William X. Walsh - DSo Internet Services
Email: william@dso.net  Fax:(209) 671-7934

(IDNO MEMBER)
Support the Cyberspace Association, the
constituency of Individual Domain Name Owners
http://www.idno.org