Re: [wg-c] straw poll -- reminder

Elisabeth PORTENEUVE wrote:

> All geographical and historical names (English and French alike,
> probably other languages) are registered, then all English
> dictionnary names are registrered. Automated systems
> associated with dictionnaries on line (or on CDROM) make
> Internet domain name registration for some middlemen-cybersquatters
> just yet another fast speculation activity.

Elisabeth:I recognize the problem you are describing.

How can I make you understand that speculation
happens because of artificial limits on the
number of TLDs? Speculators gobble up these
names because there are so few of them available.
Speculation is by definition fueled by a gap between
supply and demand.

The only way to end speculation is to add LOTS of new
TLDs to completely eliminate the scarcity value of domain
names. That will solve your concern perfectly.