Re: Brands, TLDs, and Private Ownership (Was:Re: [wg-c]

> Christopher, you sued (and lost, but hta's another story) a party because
> you thought it was doing something wrong. Why did you stop there? Why
> haven't you been sueing everyone else in the world that you think has done
> wrong things? Maybe because you don't feel strongly enough about it. Why
are
> you involved in this mailing list rather than in all other mailing lists
in
> the world. Because this one interests you. I personally let other people
> take care of matters that do not interest me. This one does.

For the 195th time, we dropped the suit at the request of the USG. We
did not win, nor did we lose. Why persist in this falsehood?

Regardless, what you're advocating is selective persecution. Fortunately,
there is no precedent for it, and quite a bit against it.

You can rail as long as you like, it's just not going to happen. I
appreciate
that you care, but you're not going to force the change that you want. But
far be it from me to tell you that you have to stop trying.

But again, please note that your assumptions about the lawsuit are
incorrect.

Christopher