Re[2]: [wg-c] straw poll -- reminder

Wednesday, August 18, 1999, 12:55:35 AM, Werner Staub <werner@axone.ch> wrote:

> Jonathan,

> I appreciate your work. You may have seen my earlier proposal for a
> more detailed way of asking question one. I suspec the result of this
> poll with respect of question one will be that half of WG members want
> to start with few, and the other half with many. So you will have to
> ask the question I suggested earlier: if those who want many find it
> inconceiveable to start with a few.

> Btw, Is there any particular reason why you only copied the first
> question into this reminder, or did I miss something?

> Here are my reponses:

>> QUESTION ONE: HOW MANY NEW gTLDS, AND HOW FAST?

> I vote for option 1. (Note that I believe that many new TLDs are needed in
> the medium term, but unless we start with few, we will never get any at all.)

Option 2 says exactly what you say you support above.  It just places
the presumption that unless there is a compelling reason to hold up
more, that the assumption will be that many will be added after the
initial in the first couple years.

The first one does not have this assumption, and your comments above
seem to indicate that you support the assumption that many TLDs should
be added, with only a few initially.  In essence, you say option one,
but your comments say option two.

Can you please clarify this for us?

--
William X. Walsh - DSo Internet Services
Email: william@dso.net  Fax:(209) 671-7934

(IDNO MEMBER)
Support the Cyberspace Association, the
constituency of Individual Domain Name Owners
http://www.idno.org