Re: [wg-c] Straw Vote

Dave, have you reviewed on the WG-C archives the
discussion of this issue? It might help us to understand better
where you stand and it might help you to understand better why
the options were formulated the way they were.

Basically, the largest number anyone is talking about as a "generic"
goal was about 300 over 3 years. The real issue was whether ICANN
would:

* specify *in advance* its intention to add that many, absent any demonstrable
harm, and proceed to do so unless problems arose, (Option 2), or,

* add a very small number (people spoke in terms of 2 or 3, I think)
and then go through an entirely new proceeding before adding any more.
(Option 1)

Based on your discussion below, I see you more as an Option 2
person, but I may be engaging in wishful thinking. So let us know....