Re[2]: [wg-c] Straw Vote

Monday, August 16, 1999, 2:48:03 PM, Rita M. Odin <OdinR@arentfox.com> wrote:

> Actually, I would like to see the requirements apply to all levels of
> domain names - infirngement can happen at all levels. I don't think
> there is a distinction.

The requirements already do.  The same protection provided for ALL
cases of infringement (as defined by the law, not by the whims of the
trademark holders and their attorneys).

Its called the legal process.  And it has nothing to do with the
technical details of managing the dns namespace.

Expecting searchable whois resources is a reasonable request, and I
support that suggestion of yours 100%.

If you want more protection for your marks than what the law allows,
then I suggest you write your Congressperson.

--
William X. Walsh - DSo Internet Services
Email: william@dso.net  Fax:(209) 671-7934

(IDNO MEMBER)
Support the Cyberspace Association, the
constituency of Individual Domain Name Owners
http://www.idno.org