Re: [wg-c] Straw Vote

Hi Tony,

>>> "A.M. Rutkowski"  wrote at  08/16 4:06 PM >>>
>Hi Rita,

>>gTLDs until the following have been put into place: (1) a >>universal,
>>reliable and searchable database of contact information for all >>domain
>>name registrants; (2) a workable uniform dispute resolution >>procedure; and
>>(3) a famous name policy.

>If any of these requirements had existed, neither Internet
>host name services nor Domain Name services would ever
>have been created.

If these requirements had existed prior to to opening up of the domain name space to commercial enterprises, a lot of resources spent on combatting cubersquatting and other types of infringement would have been saved and better spent on reinvestment in the economy.

>In July, there were 18,937,485 autonomous 1st, 2nd, and 3rd >level
>domain zones.  Are your requirements to apply to all of them?
>If not, on the basis of what criteria are your requirements to >apply?
>The largest domain zones?

Actually, I would like to see the requirements apply to all levels of domain names - infirngement can happen at all levels. I don't think there is a distinction.

>And lastly, why are we just regulating Internet DNS services?
>There are a great deal of other Internet services out there.

I'm not sure what you mean by other Internet services (as oposed to Internet DNS services) - would you please clarify?

Thanks,

Rita

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               !