Re[3]: [wg-c] Eureka?

Monday, August 09, 1999, 10:18:19 PM, Robert F. Connelly <rconnell@psi-japan.com> wrote:

> At 21:41 09-08-99 -0700, William X. Walsh wrote:
> <snip>

>>Does your community vote to decide what type of food restraunts will
>>be permitted to serve at particular locations?  The community will
>>vote with their business.  Just like in any other market.

> Again, one of those far fetched analogies --- in an attempt to obscure reality.

No, rather it was an attempt to show that the logic that was being
applied was intended to obscure reality.

But your editing job didn't reflect that.

> <snip>

>>[not that you will see this, Javier, your filters will prevent that.
>>Then you have a justification for trying to explain why you ignored
>>perfectly valid discourse.]

> That statement is unworthy of you, Javier and all of the rest of our here
> who are trying to make sense of this thread.

Ask Javier if he read it, then tell me if the statement has merit.
Personally I find it irresponsible for someone in his position to be
using such excessive filters.  Speaking myself, when I was elected to
the membership committee of the IDNO, I removed ALL my kill filters of
people who participate on the domain policy forums.  My sense of
responsibility and propriety demanded it.  Not all of us seem to share
those values.

> A lot of mental masturbation, methinks.

Perhaps you should go back and examine some history before you jump to
such hasty assumptions.  You know what they say about assumptions....

--
William X. Walsh
General Manager, DSo Internet Services

(IDNO MEMBER)
Support the Cyberspace Association, the
constituency of Individual Domain Name Owners
http://www.idno.org