RE: Re[3]: [wg-c] Eureka?

> William X. Walsh
> Sent: Monday, August 09, 1999 11:15 PM
>
> Monday, August 09, 1999, 10:18:19 PM, Robert F. Connelly
> <rconnell@psi-japan.com> wrote:
>
> > At 21:41 09-08-99 -0700, William X. Walsh wrote:
> > <snip>
>

> >>[not that you will see this, Javier, your filters will prevent that.
> >>Then you have a justification for trying to explain why you ignored
> >>perfectly valid discourse.]
>
> > That statement is unworthy of you, Javier and all of the
> > rest of our here  who are trying to make sense of this thread.
>
> Ask Javier if he read it, then tell me if the statement has merit.
> Personally I find it irresponsible for someone in his position to be
> using such excessive filters.  Speaking myself, when I was elected to
> the membership committee of the IDNO, I removed ALL my kill filters of
> people who participate on the domain policy forums.  My sense of
> responsibility and propriety demanded it.  Not all of us seem to share
> those values.

I share William's point here. I dropped all of my filters when I was
elected into the IDNO membership committee also. A leader has no
business shunning their constituency, which includes ALL of the GA
participants. How can you guage consensus when you don't hear all of the
voices? I kind of gives the lie to Javier's claim of consensus positions
and degree of consensus held by any opinion. Personally, it is the
single reason to discredit Javier's claims of consensus points and it
makes him look like a fool, for making those claims under those
conditions.

I know others, in the IETF, who also do this. The IETF has problems.