Re: [wg-c] Deadlines

I will consult with the Names Council on deadlines.

The major change that I see is to delay the date in which the WG's report
will be presented to the ICANN Board. Instead of presenting it for the
November meeting, the Names Council would present it to the Board at the
next meeting after that (roughly three month afterwards).

There is no rationality behind the Board not deciding anything related to
this Working Group at any meeting before September 2000. September 2000 is
just a final deadline for the process of transfering powers to ICANN.

Part of the results expected from this WG is a Call for Tenders for new
registries. The Board could very well post the call for tender after they
receive it and approve it, and give -at the beginning of the year 2000- a
few months to answer. This would allow new domains to be effectively
included in the root sometime during the year 2000.

Javier