Re: [wg-c] Re: IP/TM Concerns & New GTLDs

On Tue, Aug 03, 1999 at 10:32:09AM -0700, William X. Walsh wrote:
> Tuesday, August 03, 1999, 8:47:04 AM, Ken Stubbs <kstubbs@dninet.net> wrote:
>

> > your response here appears to ignore the practical politics involved with
> > expansion of GTLD's.
>
> > like it or not this is reality here and if we can't present what is viewed
> > as a "responsible" plan for expansion tanking into account the sensitivities
> > & concerns of the commercial and intellictual property community then we are
> > going to go nowhere.
>
> Who says?  You carefully avoid the section of my comments that
> mentions just how bad it would be for their image if they decide to
> play school yard bully.  The internet community would never stand for
> it.

Calling for prudence in this matter is hardly being a schoolyard
bully.  Furthermore, a substantial majority of the Internet
Community, as evidenced by the Green Paper and White Paper comments,
ranks stability as their primary concern

> > maybe you consider it a sellout.. frankly i consider it a close  look at
> > reality
>
> So its reality that we must sell out the rights of individuals because
> they lack the funds to lobby effectively?

Tell me how it is that a measured and calm introduction of gTLDs is
selling out the rights of individuals?

> Come on, lets call it what it is and stop skirting the issue!
>
> Do you want a decision based on REAL fairness and with a sound basis
> in law, or do you want one based on school yard politics?

Tell me how it is that a measured and calm introduction of gTLDs is
unfair, or has any relationship to a basis in law?