Re[2]: [wg-c] Re: IP/TM Concerns & New GTLDs

Tuesday, August 03, 1999, 10:45:18 AM, Kent Crispin <kent@songbird.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 03, 1999 at 10:32:09AM -0700, William X. Walsh wrote:
>> Tuesday, August 03, 1999, 8:47:04 AM, Ken Stubbs <kstubbs@dninet.net> wrote:
>>

>> > your response here appears to ignore the practical politics involved with
>> > expansion of GTLD's.
>>
>> > like it or not this is reality here and if we can't present what is viewed
>> > as a "responsible" plan for expansion tanking into account the sensitivities
>> > & concerns of the commercial and intellictual property community then we are
>> > going to go nowhere.
>>
>> Who says?  You carefully avoid the section of my comments that
>> mentions just how bad it would be for their image if they decide to
>> play school yard bully.  The internet community would never stand for
>> it.

> Calling for prudence in this matter is hardly being a schoolyard
> bully.  Furthermore, a substantial majority of the Internet
> Community, as evidenced by the Green Paper and White Paper comments,
> ranks stability as their primary concern

What does stability have to do with Uniform Dispute Resolution and
mandatory ADR?

>> > maybe you consider it a sellout.. frankly i consider it a close  look at
>> > reality
>>
>> So its reality that we must sell out the rights of individuals because
>> they lack the funds to lobby effectively?

> Tell me how it is that a measured and calm introduction of gTLDs is
> selling out the rights of individuals?

What does "a measured and calm introduction of gTLDs" have to do with
Uniform Dispute Resolution and mandatory ADR?

>> Come on, lets call it what it is and stop skirting the issue!
>>
>> Do you want a decision based on REAL fairness and with a sound basis
>> in law, or do you want one based on school yard politics?

> Tell me how it is that a measured and calm introduction of gTLDs is
> unfair, or has any relationship to a basis in law?

Tell me how your response has anything at all to do with the points
addressed in my post?

--
William X. Walsh
General Manager, DSo Internet Services

(IDNO MEMBER)
Support the Cyberspace Association, the
constituency of Individual Domain Name Owners
http://www.idno.org