SV: SV: [wg-c] Deadlines

-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Från: William X. Walsh <william@dso.net>
Till: wg-c@dnso.org <wg-c@dnso.org>
Datum: den 3 augusti 1999 12:20
Ämne: Re: SV: [wg-c] Deadlines

>I think we can agree on "cost-effective system for obtaining full
>contact information."  That should be a given.

Good. Hopefully this is one point were we can have consensus in the WG.

>Why should marks enjoy any greated protection in cyberspace as they do
>in any other medium?

The point is that trademarks today have less protection in cyberspace than in other media.

What dispute resolution procedure would be
>considered acceptable to you?  Would you agree with the principle that
>all dispute resolution be VOLUNTARY, meaning that either party can
>decide at will to not by a party to an alternative dispute procedure
>and exercise their right to the protections of the courts?

The WIPO DRP is a good start. The process should be uniform for all existing gTLDs and at least for all new commercial gTLDs. Alternative dispute resolution is not an option in all countries, and therefore a mandatory DRP should be the first choice, however with a possibility to go to court should this be a better solution in the specific case.

// Petter Rindforth