Re: [wg-c] Do we need a TM law modification?

At 17:45 30-07-99 -0400, Milton Mueller wrote:
>Pre-emptive registration is not a solution to the problem; indeed, the
>assumption by TM owners that they must protect marks by registering the
>names rather than policing for actual infringement actually contributes to
>the problem, by encouraging cybersquatting.

Dear Professor Mueller:

I fail to see your point.  If "cybersquatting" has been defined as the
deliberate, bad faith registration of a well known (registered) Trademark,
the registration by the Trademark holder would not be viewed as
"cybersquatting".

Regards, BobC

"One test is worth three expert opinions!"
Ulric B. Bray