Re: [wg-c] Who should vote for new gTLDs

> Please express your opinions on who should vote for new gTLDs.

You make the presumption that TLDs should be voted upon in the
first place. This assumption is far from a foregone conclusion in
anything except your script.

> Having it open to anybody would just leave open for capture and would not
> provide an equilibrium between the different constituencies.

As if the DNSO isn't already captured?

> A third posibility would be to have the Names Council decide, which means
> having the constituencies decide and agree among them what these TLDs will
be.

Or, the base possibility, let those entities who will be running the
registries make the decision.

Otherwise, I vote that we mandate that McDonald's rename the
"Big Mac" to the "Small Burger at a Large Price," as that's
better for the consumer anyway.

Christopher