From: Javier SOLA [mailto:javier@aui.es]
Sent: Sunday, July 25, 1999 3:33 AM
To: wg-c@dnso.org
Subject: [wg-c] Who should vote for new gTLDs

Please express your opinions on who should vote for new gTLDs.

My opinion is that it should be all members of the DNSO (which includes the
general assembly).

The members of the DNSO are the people who are directly concerned with the
future of the domain name system and they are known (we avoiding having
somebody set a computer to cast 5,000 votes for an specific string). We
assure that all interested parties have the right to vote and we avoid
capture.

Having it open to anybody would just leave open for capture and would not
provide an equilibrium between the different constituencies.

A third posibility would be to have the Names Council decide, which means
having the constituencies decide and agree among them what these TLDs will
be.

Opinions ?