Re: [wg-c] I/O Design Initiates Legal Proceedings against CORE

On Wed, Jul 21, 1999 at 09:21:27AM +0200, Javier SOLA wrote:
[...]
> >By the "DNS administrator" I meant ICANN. ICANN, not registries, is who
> >administers the domain name system (DNS). And unfortunately, the
> >IAHC/CORE/gTLD-MoU proposal, as well as the WIPO proposals, got the DNS
> >administrator directly involved in dispute resolution.
>
> False again, Milton. The arbitration is done by a third party, the process
> is managed by WIPO and the referees are independent. ICANN does not
> participate in arbitration in anybody's model.
>
> I wish you would stop deforming what other people say for your own
> purposes.

I wonder if it would help to tone things down a bit if we retreated
into formality.  Perhaps when addressing another person in this
debate we could use formal titles in the third person, like "the
Honorable Gentleman from Syracuse", or "my esteemed colleague from
Spain".  If it is necessary to address someone directly, I suggest we
use honorifics, as well.  I suggest that old communist standby,
"comrade", as in "your breath is very fresh today, comrade Mueller"
or "comrade Sola, you have a remarkable sense of humor".

:-)