Re: [ifwp] RE: Boston Working Group response to ICANN amendments

Ken and all,

Ken Stubbs wrote:

> a very interesting perspective here !!
>
> i also see that your registry also  accepts registrations for domains that
> are in clear violation of clearly famous trademarks. do you have any sort of
> resolution dispute policy?

  Not speaking for William here, but this is a bit below the belt, so I
feltobligated to bud in here Stubby!  Yeah, he probably does have a resolution
dispute policy, it is call the US Justice System.  Ever heard of it?  If
not just point your browser to www.doj.gov, as a starting point.  I hope
you can follow the links from their all by yourself.

> by the way is your company anticipating revenues from hosting the domains
> ibm.tj or microsoft.tj (which your "whois" server shown are registered to
> some innocous address in Germany) ?

  Well again not speaking for William here, but if IBM or Microsoft havea
problem with it I am sure that they can take the appropriate legal
steps under the Lahnam Act to correct the situation, or just maybe it is
IBM and Microsoft that registered those domains under the .TJ
ccTLD with a different registrant that happens to be located in
Germany?  Ever think of that Stubby?  Nahhhh, of course not!

> ken stubbs
> (someone who feels quite certain that dr postel might not be very
> comfortable up there right now with the way some people are using his memory
> and the selective recall of his various writings and speeches)

  Possibly.  And just a possibly you are doing the same thing here withthis
unnecessary comment on this thread which doesn't even fit the
subject line of this thread.