Comment, and a Question for Interim Board to:[ifwp] Re: Sovereignty and ccTLDs

Roberto and all,

  You are in our opinion for the most part correct here.  And the same argument
you suggest applies just as well to ccTLD's such as .fr.  >;)  In other
words ccTLD's should be dealt with just as any other gTLD.  As for you
comment (See Below) on .US, just prior to the ICANN Interim Board
being SELECTED, and Jon Postels death, Jon and the IANA/ISI were in
some negotiations with the US Postal service in considering administration
of .US permenantly.  And of course this was going on with the full knowledge
that the IANA would be privatized of course.  Seems to be in conflict with the
White Paper to us here.  Any thought?  >;)

Two questions for the ICANN Interim Board on Roberto's good point here:

1.) Are negations to any of the Interim Board members knowledge by either
     the IANA, ISI, US Postal Service, or any member of the ICANN
     Interim Board, yes or no?

2.) Is the ICANN Interim Board considering, now on any time in the future,
     considering resuming such negations or recommending to the permanent
     board as a special internal memorandom/other internal ICANN document
     or thru the in the future to be possibly formed "DNSO" for the .US
     ccTLD in light of the Esther Dyson November 6th letter to the NTIA,
     yes or No?