[comments-gtlds] New gTLD's (STOP THE NONSENSE)

I think the idea of new new gTLD's is just stupid. Who needs them, realy??

In the first place, they were created as a way to divide the world into
categories like commercial, network service providers, non-profit
organizations or what have you. But in actuallity this never happened.

The domain name space is completely generic today and this includes many
ccTLD´s too which can be useful for creating easy to remember phrases as
URL's, which I think is where DNS should be evolving to.

It seems like all this debate is completely false. I've never heard a user
complain that there should be more 'dot somethings' so that he can land in a
porno site by mistake while looking for the local girl scouts group with his
6-year old daughter sitting on his lap.

On the other hand, if you happen to own '.com' a domain with a not so famous
brand and somebody else has the same name but in the 'net' space, who gets
to keep the .web domain?

This is just a fake debate being created by voracious registrars in need of
more business and total disregard for the actual needs of the market.