[comments-gtlds] .web TLD

Good day,

I understand your committee is in charge of recommending new TLD's
to ICANN.

Let me start by saying that this addition of TLD's is LONG overdue!
Now that I've told you what you already knew, consider the following;

Most "good" domain names, i.e., .com, .net, .org have been
gone since the mid-1990's!!! By "good", I mean names that are marketable
and memorable such as LOAN.COM. This is a generic name that should NOT be
owned and guarded by just one company. NOBODY should be able to lay claim
to such a name across the board. It is unconstitutional, not to mention
immoral.

I am a buyer/seller of Top Level Domain Names, predominantly
.com names which are of the most value currently. So you see that
I am basically not necessarily doing myself any favors by advocating
new TLD's. They will most definitely make some of my domains less valuable.
However, the internet, when talking about domain names,
is public property which can be privately owned, much like land was owned and
sold by the govenment in the early 1800's. Land grants preceded
that.

I am ALSO the proud owner of several GENERIC .WEB Domain Names which
have been purchased through WEBLTD.COM. I have been patiently waiting
for ICANN to add .WEB as a TLD, as have literally MILLIONS of other
businesses and individuals.

Quite aware of the magnitude and ramifications of these TLD additions,
I am asking you, as well as ICANN to STOP DRAGGING YOUR FEET and toying with
other people's livelyhoods!!!

The future of e-commerce is NOT yours to hinder. It is only your
responsibility to help guide its progress.

PLEASE make this crucial decision to recommend new TLD's, including
.WEB. This TLD makes the MOST sense out of the seven I've heard are being
considered. It's not pidgeon-holed like some, i.e., .ART.
It was originally APPROVED by ICANN to register and continues to do so. Its
system has been proven and tested.

I realize your prudence and caution in proceeding is warranted. However,
your actions will be applauded by the masses and your detractors will be few
in comparison.

OPEN THE WEB FOR BUSINESS!!!!

THE NEEDS OF THE MANY OUTWEIGH THE NEEDS OF THE FEW.

Sincerely,

Paul A. Plouffe