[comments-gtlds] Add new TLDs now!

I support the addition of new TLDs immediately. The .web name should have
been added to the root name servers 5 years ago. I support the addition
of  hundreds of other new TLDs to the root name servers in the next 3 - 5
years as well. Network Solutions has had a monopoly on .com/.net/.org for
long enough. Even though there are new registrars now reselling these names
(com/net/org) - the US Department of Commerce and Network Solutions still
has a monopoly on the root name servers.

This brings up another question -- by who's authority was control of the
root name servers passed to the US Department of Commerce?? Did ICANN
approve this move ?? Was anyone told about this transfer ?

It is time to break this monopoly and give people more choice in the domain
names that are available. This artificial scarcity is a self-induced
problem that results in domains selling for 7 figures or more.

Stop the madness - add new TLDs now!

Kendall