RE: [registrars] NC Nomination

Fellow Registrars,

I am running for one of the positions to represent North America on the
Internet Corporation for Assigned Names & Numbers (ICANN) Names Council.

I offer a strong, clear voice to represent our interests.  I am running to
insure that both the test-bed registrars and non-testbed registrars have a
level playing field to compete in the months ahead. Please find below
additional information about myself.  I have both the experience and skills
to represent us.

Among the many issues I will address if elected, the important issues are as
follows:

1.	BE RESPONSIVE TO THE OPPINIONS PRESENTED BY REGISTRARS AND EFFECTIVELY
PRESENT AND RESOLVE CONCERNS
2.	CREATE A WORKING GROUP TO DISCUSS AN IMPROVE CURRENT PRICE AND PAYMENT
TERMS SET FOR DOMAIN NAME REGISTRATIONS
3.	PRESENT COMMENTS AND CONCERNS ABOUT DOMAIN NAME DISPUTE RELATED WORKING
GROUPS AND PROCESS DEFINITION
4.	PROPOSE A SYSTEM TO ORGANIZE AND UNIFY THE INTERNIC/ICANN/CCTLD CONTACT
DATABASES
5.	EXPLORE A MORE EFFICIENT PROCESS FOR ENABLING THE TRANSFER OF DOMAIN
NAMES FROM ONE REGISTRAR TO ANOTHER
6.	CONTINUE TO REINFORCE AND ENHANCE ICANN'S POSITION AND AUTHORITY AND
EXPLORING STRATEGIC RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHER
	INTERNET ORGANIZATIONS TO ASSIST WITH THIS EFFORT
7.	QUICKLY AND AGRESSIVELY ADDRESS PASSIVE NON-COMPETITIVE BEHAVIOUR
INITIATED BY NETWORK SOLUTIONS OR OTHER RELATED
	ORGANIZATIONS
8.	ASSIST COUNTRY CODE REGISTRY'S TO COMMUNICATE AND COORDINATE THEIR
SERVICES WITH REGISTRARS
9.	EXPLORE AND RECOMMEND THE DEVELOPMENT OF AN EFFECTIVE PROCESS FOR THE
DEPLOYMENT OF NEW TOP LEVEL DOMAIN NAMES.
10.	PROPOSE DOMAIN NAME POLICY AND MAKE CREATIVE RECOMMENDATIONS TO SPECIFIC
ISSUES
11.	CREATIVELY PULL TOGETHER STRONG TEAMS OF PEOPLE WITH DISTINCTIVE SKILLS
TO RESOLVE CONCERNS AS THEY ARRISE

I pledge to responsively represent the views of the Registrar's and
communicate our concerns with strength and clarity.

Feel free to email me (jason@dotpower.com) or call me (1-416-485-3888) if
you would like to speak with me to discuss the upcoming elections or any
other concerns.  Your continued support throughout this initiative will give
us the momentum we need to succeed.

The following is additional information about myself and the experience I
bring to this position.

Jason Hendeles is the acting President of ATC. With over 7 years of
infrastructure development and telecommunications experience, Jason is
recognized for his unique marriage of skills. In addition to having a wide
range of high level information technology skills Jason has significant
public company and non-profit company expertise. Some of his accomplishments
include:

· Designed the first asynchronous transfer network solutions for large scale
commercial real estate projects in Canada.

· Led the design and planning of Skyscape Communications, Inc. one of the
first throughput guaranteed data network solutions.

· Led the design and development team of the Internet Traffic Controller, an
advanced BGP server able to perform proprietary high level routing
functions.

· Led the development and construction of private facilities and network
solutions for major Canadian companies including UNUM Canada, Motorola, the
Toronto Ambulance Dispatch System and many other established companies.

· Was the senior consultant to founder Tim Roberts with the network design
and strategic planning of the Digital Broadcast Network, a National
Communications Network based in St. Louis, MO.

· Submitting comments towards the Department of Commerce Green Paper and had
associates meet with Department of Commerce to discuss and comment on the
draft.

· Was a significant participant in the Global Incorporation Alliance
Workshop ("GIAW") and the International Forum on the White Paper.

· Participated in the development of the Open Root Server Confederation
("ORSC") and infrastructure design and deployment under the leadership of
Einar Stefferud.

· Was a significant contributor to the ICANN public relations initiatives
and worked directly with Susan Davis, Ken Stubbs, Michael Palage and others
to successfully plan and initiate action against Network Solutions.

For the past two years, Jason has established himself as a prominent voice
in the domain name industry. Jason is one of the first advocates for change
in the domain name industry and has been actively involved in the process
since 1996.

Outside the information technology industry, Jason acts as a Director on the
Board of O&Y Properties, the largest real estate management company in
Canada. Jason is also the Director of the Ydessa Hendeles Art Foundation, an
Internationally renowned contemporary art museum based in Toronto, Canada.
Other non-profit organizations Jason Hendeles has supported include: The
Strategic Directions Committee of the Art Gallery of Ontario (Canada's
premier museum); The Canadian Weizmann Institute of Science; The United
Jewish Appeal and Israel Bonds.

Jason was also recently nominated to the Foundation Board of the Beth
Tzedec, the largest Synagogue in North American. He is a creative and hard
driving entrepreneur, with an uncommonly agile conceptual and analytical
mind. Mr. Hendeles is a man with vision, but practical, with both feet
squarely on the ground. His unique marriage of technology and non-profit
company skills will form valuable addition to the ICANN team.

Jason Hendeles, ATC

--
Jason Hendeles  President
dotpower  "identify yourself"