Re: [registrars] residence or citizenship??

Amadeu, and fellow Registrars,

I agree with Amadeu for obvious reasons...  I am a member of this
constituency because my company, a Japanese company, is a
Registrar.  I  represent the company in this constituency for
2 very simple reasons:  1. I am on the board and have the authority
to vote for the company, and 2. I am a native speaker of English.
It just so happens that my citizenship is different than the company
registration.

I personally feel that the geographical diversity rules are very
important, and should be adhered to as strictly as possible.  However
I was unaware of this change in wording, until last week at a discussion
of the Dispute Resolution Policy with the JPNIC when one of the
Japanese delegates to the GAC mentioned the policy change.
Given this change in environment, I would support Amadeu's
proposal to ask for a waiver on the citizenship rule.

I personally hope that there is some sort of a compromise
on this citizenship rule.  All of the Japanese citizens who have
been attending the ICANN meetings have been very favorable of
my being a representative of Japan and the Asia Pacific region.

Regards,
Richard

Amadeu Abril i Abril wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Our current Articles say that each NC representative must come form a
> different region "as defined in the Bylaws".

/snip/

--
_/_/_/interQ Incorporated
_/_/_/System Division