Re: [registrars] Testbed period?

At 18:44 27-06-99 +0200, Amadeu Abril i Abril wrote:
>Esther Dyson wrote:
> >
> > Thanks, Amadeu.
> >
> > Sorry I wasn't able to respond sooner, but I heard you over the audio
> system
> > in San Jose!  Obviously, you know the news about the textbed extension by
> > now, [...]
>
>Dear Esther,
>
>Yes, I know because I asked and have access to "well-informed sources". But I
>have not got any communication, official or not, form ICANN or, more
>importantly, the DoC regarding the testbed extension. Finding a NSAI press
>release at news.com is what I would consider "insufficient communication" ;-)

Dear Amadeu:

Please don't blame Ester.  The official announcement of the three week
delay had to be made by Becky Burr.  She did that verbally at INET99
between 11:30 and 11:45 PDT.  Your teleconference (which I attended as an
observer) did not start till 14:00.  I would not expect Becky to be able to
put out the official notice till she gets back to D.C.

Of course, NSI was not constrained to wait for Becky to post the official
notice.

BTW, two members of the NC were bent on delaying the process in any way
possible.  I think you know who they were.  Richard did yeoman's work in
getting things back on track.  It was unfortunate that Ken came on late and
did not know what had occurred before.   Since he did not understand the
nuances, he started to abstain from a critical vote.  His abstention would
have caused us to lose that critical vote.

Regards,
BobC
While the *early* bird gets the worm,
the *second* mouse gets the cheese.