Re: [registrars] Re: [registrar] Phone numbers on Web sites

At 12:23 23-06-99 -0400, Esther Dyson wrote:
>It ceratinly sounds ridiculous to me...
>
>Esther

Dear Registry Constituency Members:

Most likely, it is an attempt to avoid annoying telephone calls.  NSI has
certainly shown the way --- Register.com is "staying the course".

Such will not be the policy of PSI-Japan.

Regards, BobC

>At 04:15 PM 23/06/99 +0100, Ivan Pope wrote:
> >I just saw this on the Register.com Web site:
> >
> >'Please note: register.com's phone number is not published on the web site
> >because we are required to document each correspondence in a written format,
> >per ICANN guidelines.'
> >
> >Hello? Can Register.com or ICANN or anyone else explain how this
> >interpretation comes about? I cannot for a moment believe that we are going
> >to have a situation where all 'ICANN accredited' Registrars cannot publish
> >their phone numbers on the Web site. We do a huge part of our business by
> >phone.
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Ivan
> >
> >Ivan Pope
> >NetNames
> >Managing Your Internet Identity
> >
> >http://www.netnames.com
> >180-182 Tottenham Court Road
> >London, W1P 9LE
> >+44 171 291 3900
> >+44 171 291 3939 (Fax)
> >Ivan Pope
> >NetNames
> >Managing Your Internet Identity
> >
> >http://www.netnames.com
> >180-182 Tottenham Court Road
> >London, W1P 9LE
> >+44 171 291 3900
> >+44 171 291 3939 (Fax)
> >

>Esther Dyson                    Always make new mistakes!
>chairman, EDventure Holdings
>interim chairman, Internet Corp. for Assigned Names & Numbers
>edyson@edventure.com
>1 (212) 924-8800
>1 (212) 924-0240 fax
>104 Fifth Avenue (between 15th and 16th Streets; 20th floor)
>New York, NY 10011 USA
>http://www.edventure.com                    http://www.icann.org
>
>High-Tech Forum in Europe:  24 to 26 October 1999, Budapest
>PC Forum: March 12 to 15, 2000, Scottsdale (Phoenix), Arizona
>Book:  "Release 2.0: A design for living in the digital age"

While the *early* bird gets the worm,
the *second* mouse gets the cheese.