[registrars] Re: [registrar] Phone numbers on Web sites

It ceratinly sounds ridiculous to me...

Esther

At 04:15 PM 23/06/99 +0100, Ivan Pope wrote:
>I just saw this on the Register.com Web site:
>
>'Please note: register.com's phone number is not published on the web site
>because we are required to document each correspondence in a written format,
>per ICANN guidelines.'
>
>Hello? Can Register.com or ICANN or anyone else explain how this
>interpretation comes about? I cannot for a moment believe that we are going
>to have a situation where all 'ICANN accredited' Registrars cannot publish
>their phone numbers on the Web site. We do a huge part of our business by
>phone.
>
>Thanks,
>Ivan
>
>Ivan Pope
>NetNames
>Managing Your Internet Identity
>
>http://www.netnames.com
>180-182 Tottenham Court Road
>London, W1P 9LE
>+44 171 291 3900
>+44 171 291 3939 (Fax)
>Ivan Pope
>NetNames
>Managing Your Internet Identity
>
>http://www.netnames.com
>180-182 Tottenham Court Road
>London, W1P 9LE
>+44 171 291 3900
>+44 171 291 3939 (Fax)

Esther Dyson			Always make new mistakes!
chairman, EDventure Holdings
interim chairman, Internet Corp. for Assigned Names & Numbers
edyson@edventure.com
1 (212) 924-8800
1 (212) 924-0240 fax
104 Fifth Avenue (between 15th and 16th Streets; 20th floor)
New York, NY 10011 USA
http://www.edventure.com                    http://www.icann.org

High-Tech Forum in Europe:  24 to 26 October 1999, Budapest
PC Forum: March 12 to 15, 2000, Scottsdale (Phoenix), Arizona
Book:  "Release 2.0: A design for living in the digital age"