[registrars]

Re: [registrars] Montreal meeting

At 02:57 PM 6/6/03 -0400, Joyce Lin wrote:
>Can ccTLD arrange their own separate meeting(s) and invite registrars to
>attend? Those who find their topics interesting will go.

Dear Joyce:  It's a free country, and if they don't contravene any laws of
Canada, they can conduct a dog and pony show most anywhere (as long as the
SPCA doesn't think they are hurting the dog or the pony).  I might even watch.

My original objection was to the way certain ccTLDs made presentations at
noon during our DC meeting.  It was highly likely that the designated ccTLD
countries had not paid "donations" (a euphemism for "fees") to ICANN.  For
the lack of those "donations", the fees which ICANN had to raise through
the gTLD Registrars Constituency were higher, placing an increased burden
upon all RC members.

So, if they want to hold our attention during our meetings or lunches, they
should go back and pay past "donations" and keep up to date with present
"donations".  Otherwise, make their reasoned appeals to RC members present
at their own venues and schedules.  I won't even call them "pitches" in
this posting.

BTW, I thought the presentation by .PRO in DC was quite appropriate, it is
a legitimate gTLD and RC members have the option to be accredited for
it.  We need that kind of information.

Thanks again, Joyce, for this opportunity to clarify my objection.

Cordially, BobC