[registrars]

Re: [registrars] Montreal meeting

On 6/6/2003 9:00 AM Rob Hall noted that:

> Why gTLD and not ccTLD ?
>
> Mainly because we are all accredited for gTLD work.  That is really what
> ICANN does for us.  We have a closer relationship with gTLD's.   If they are
> introducing new services, such as WLS, I know I want to hear about it, and
> it seems the perfect place to do it.  While I suspect not everyone in the
> room cares about some of the obscure ccTLD's, I bet most care about anything
> of consequence happening at the gTLD's.
>
> That said, I don't want the typical marketing crap of why their domain is
> better.  That they can do one on one.  But if they are asking for time to
> present something new, or give us an update, I welcome it.  Seems it saves
> everyone time.

My responsibility is GNSO policy - not gTLD products. There are numerous
others in our constituency in the same position. At the very least, we
should segregate the agenda in such a way that those that want to
participate can and those that don't can bail.

                        -rwr

"There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an
idiot."
- Steven Wright

Get Blog... http://www.byte.org/