[registrars]

Re: [registrars] WLS system overload at Verisign

At 03:06 PM 6/6/03 -0400, Jim Archer wrote:
>About a year or so ago we all met in DC and WLS was the hot topic at that
>meeting.  I recall that a representative from Verisign stood up and
>explained that there were no technical obstacles to the existing system
>and that WLS was not needed to solve a technical problem.
>
>Does anyone remember who that was and the exact date?

Dear Jim:  I can't say exactly which persons made the presentation, but it
was at the meeting in Dulles next to the Dulles International Airport.  I'm
in Japan now and don't have my 2002 schedule with me.  Ahaa, but I have my
PC.  Here's the call from Mike Palage:

Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 21:09:05 -0500

February Meeting:

It was agreed upon by the Executive Committee after considering numerous
factors that the Constituency will hold a two day meeting February 16-17
(Saturday & Sunday) in Dulles, Virginia. This meeting is tentatively going
to be held at the Dulles Marriott (do not make reservation yet, see below).
As there are some people that expressed interest in a different date and/or
location let me explain the reasoning of the Executive Committee.

end quote:

I remember well that the staff of SnapNames made a concerted effort to get
RC members to sign an endorsement of the WLS.

Regards, BobC