[registrars]

RE: [registrars] .Info Landrush 2 Challenged Domains

Hi,

I am glad someone raised this, and a discussion by afilias on this issue
at the montreal meeting would be welcome. Infact .INFO is not gaining
popularity primarily because a significant number of domains are still
in awkward locks, and a large number are unreleased yet. There was to be
a Landrush 3 in the middle. Then there were rumours of Afilias releasing
these names directly. At this point in time a bulk of cancelled names
are in a limbo, and as Patricio mentions a bulk of them unusable or
locked.

I myself have contacted Afilias reglarly on this issue, and their
response has been that some WIPO process is still on etc. however as
Patricio rightly mentions - it is now over an year, and it is high time
that the Registry made clear the processes that will follow with respect
to these limbo-state domains.

Best Regards
Bhavin Turakhia
Founder, CEO and Chairman