[registrars]

Re: [registrars] Representation on the GNSO WHOIS privacy steeringgroup (fwd)

On 6/6/2003 1:54 PM Ken Stubbs noted that:

> i would have to disagree with you here ross ...
>
> I find  nothing in the by-laws that mandates that the person needed in this
> circumstance come from the elected representative group.
> As a matter of fact , it would appear that constituancy task force
> representatives are included in the by-law definition of "elected
> representatives".
>
> I  do not believe it was the intent of the constituancy to limit
> participation in steering groups, committees, or task forces to elected
> officers and gnso representatives, & previous  or present task force members
> only ..

That wasn't my point. Apologies for the confusion I seem to be causing
today.

I was simply stating that we are actually talking about "Elected
Representatives" here - ie - a member that the constituency elects to
represent our interests on a working group, task force, steering
committee, board or other GNSO body.

If this is the case, we have a requirement to have a 14 day nomination
period, a 48 hour "notice period" and a 7 day ballot.

I did not mean to imply that only currently elected or previously
elected individuals were eligible for this spot but that simply we had a
a) requirement to have a longer election than what the Excomm had
provided for, and b) that there was no fast-track process as per Bruce's
message because we were actually talking about an election process that
was covered by the bylaws.

(c) also note well for the record that I have no plans to run for this
position nor accept any nomination for it ;)

                        -rwr

"There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an
idiot."
- Steven Wright

Get Blog... http://www.byte.org/