[registrars]

RE: [registrars] Representation on the GNSO WHOIS privacy steering group (fwd)

i would agree with Ken

-----Original Message-----
From: kstubbs@digitel.net
Sent: Friday, June 06, 2003 1:55 PM
To: ross@tucows.com; wessorh@ar.com
Cc: Registrars List
Subject: Re: [registrars] Representation on the GNSO WHOIS privacy
steering group (fwd)

i would have to disagree with you here ross ...

I find  nothing in the by-laws that mandates that the person needed in this
circumstance come from the elected representative group.
As a matter of fact , it would appear that constituancy task force
representatives are included in the by-law definition of "elected
representatives".

I  do not believe it was the intent of the constituancy to limit
participation in steering groups, committees, or task forces to elected
officers and gnso representatives, & previous  or present task force members
only ..

participation in this committee or any other future committee, task force
etc should be a "determination"  of the voting representatives of this
constituancy . the person deemed most qualified who meets the other
requirements (i.e. timely acceptance and issuance of a conflict of interest
statement)

best wishes

ken stubbs