[registrars]

[registrars] WG: Redemption Grace Period

Hello,

I just received the latest .org mailing announcing the introduction of the now
mandatory RGP. The implementation especially the pricing is very similar to the
Verisign implementation except for a "good will clause" covering an incident were
more as 50 domains are inadvertently deleted. But even such an event is not free
of charge in the first five days.

Reading this I have to admit that I kind of lost my believe that this "overlooked issue"
can be resolved between registrars and registries in a friendly manner. The chance of
using this safety net as revenue machine seems to be too daring for the registries. In
the light of this I would like to suggest that we move forward to initiate an Policy
Development Process with ICANN (or a reconsideration process I'm not sure what is more
appropriate) to reinstate the "no charge five days pending delete period" as already
voted upon by the RC.

https://www.boardrooms.org/apps/org/workgroup/registrars/ballot.php?id=33&

Best,

tom

--

Thomas Keller

Domain Services
Schlund + Partner AG
Brauerstrasse 48         		Tel. +49-721-91374-534
76135 Karlsruhe, Germany               	Fax  +49-721-91374-215
http://www.schlund.de                  	tom@schlund.de