[registrars]

[registrars] Bylaw Request

Hello All:

One of the things that I raised during the drafting of the by-laws dealt
with disclosure. I feel strongly that disclosure is more important that
artificial restrictions on membership.

I believe that ANY elected representative and their registrar employer MUST
disclose all relationships with ICANN contracting parties. Hypothetically, I
would submit that under this more broader disclosure requirement TUCOWS
would have to disclose all those registrars that are using their Registrar
ASP solution. If we were concerned about registries having access to
information about registrars business practices, does not TUCOWs having
access to registrar operations.

I just find the various restrictions on membership and participation
puzzling.

Again I will repeat what I have been saying in the past. All ICANN
accredited registrars should be provided a vote within the registrars
constituency and should not have to pay for this privilege based upon the
thousands of dollars they already pay ICANN. In order to ensure an open and
transparent constituency every elected represent and their representative
registrar must disclose all relationships with ICANN contracting parties.

Without these two principles I see any by-law revision as being fatally
flawed.

Mike