[registrars]

RE: [registrars] Bylaw Request

> I believe that ANY elected representative and their registrar
> employer MUST
> disclose all relationships with ICANN contracting parties.

Disclosure is dealt with in many areas in the bylaws. Section 4.6 lays
out most, if not all, of the details...

Those nominated to stand for election must disclose their interests
"including contracts of employment or personal services to a Member, any
member of another ICANN Constituency, or other Observer to the
Constituency.  Such positions shall include, but not be limited to:
officer, director, consultant, or employee." etc...

Dues are a subject that isn't dealt with by the bylaws - the executive
committee and the membership are free to set dues at whatever they want
to (including $0). The amount of these dues isn't something that should
be specified in the bylaws unless the constituency wants to require that
changing the dues would require a 2/3 vote of the constituency. (5.1.
The Registrar Constituency Members shall arrange any necessary finance
for the Constituency in a manner to be agreed by the Constituency.)

As Elana mentioned, if specific changes are desirable, then specific
wording in the form of an amendment would be useful for everybody
involved.

I'd like to hear from other member registrars whether or not the current
disclosure language and method of dealing with dues/non-dues is
appropriate as well. Its easy to change now...

                       -rwr

"There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an
idiot."
- Steven Wright

Get Blog... http://www.byte.org/