[registrars]

RE: [registrars] Credit card fraud and transfers

At 12:00 PM 3/20/03 -0500, Ross Wm. Rader wrote:
> > However, what about returning a domain to the prior registrar
> > after an
> > accidental or improper transfer?
>
>The document assumes that registrars are adults that can work problems
>out between themselves. Failing that, there is a dispute resolution
>mechanism that can force compliance and/or action. If satisfaction
>cannot be had through this new additional process, then the last resort
>is the judicial system.

Dear Ross:  I was asking whether the rule of no transfer within 60 days of
a prior transfer would mitigate against the return of an accidental or
improper transfer.

Even though they may be in full agreement on the issue, adults may not be
able to override an arbitrary and inflexible rule.

Regards, BobC

"It's sorta like the 'coon, he ain't much good after you've skinned him
once or twice."
Ulric B. Bray