[registrars]

RE: [registrars] WHOIS expiration date for Auto-renewed domains

Hi,

We all had a discussion with chuck from verisign in the shanghai meeting
about changes in the auto-renewal process itself. I believe there was
some talk from Verisign's side about not charging the registrar until
the domain is explictly renewed, however maintaining the domain name in
an auto-renew grace period for 45 days unless an explicit delete command
is issued

That initself is a step that needs to be taken - apart from reducing the
confusion by simply putting a note in the whois output during the
auto-renew grace period, sorting out the confusion between the actual
expiration date and the auto-renew induced expiration date

bhavin