[registrars]

[registrars] Decline of nomination

Fellow Registrars,

After very careful consideration, I have decided to
decline the nomination for the nominating committee.
I apologize for the confusion, since I already accepted,
and also wish to thank PSI Japan again for nominating me.
This has nothing to do with an aversion to late night
teleconferences :-)

My reasons are primarily based on the fact that I
am concerned that the mere image of conflict of interest
could lessen the role played by a Registrar constituency
elected nominating committee member.  While I personally
believe that my roles in both GMO's Registrar business
and in Afilias's Registry business do not affect my perspective,
the "image" of conflict of interest could have an impact.

With that in mind, I withdraw my previous acceptance of
the nomination.  I rest assured, since we have 3 other
great candidates, so the constituency will still be well
served.  In my personal opinion, Henning Grote best meets
the "lack of conflict" while still maintaining an excellent
"registrar perspective" criteria; I will be voting for Henning.

Best regards, and again sorry for any confusion caused.

Richard
--
_/_/_/Global Media Online Inc.
_/_/_/Chief Technical Officer