[registrars]

[registrars] Declaration of conflicts of interest

Hello All,

> 2) Time frame and formalities for selection of Registrar Nomination
> Delegate. Based upon experience of the recently completed IDN
> Election, all
> future candidates for elected positions will be required to post a
> qualification statement prior to the commencement of voting.
> The Executive
> Committee will be request that all nominees, Henning Grote,
> Elliot Noss, and
> Richard Lindsay file a qualification statement by Thursday
> when there is
> schedule to be a constituency call.

Note we should also require candidates to declare any conflicts of interest as part of the nomination process.
See http://www.icann-registrars.org/docs/registry_of_interests.htm
(I note the existing registry of conflicts needs some updates :-) e.g Bryan is no longer with Alliance Telecom)

We did this in the election of the present exec committee, and also names council reps.

It is also important that this is done for the Nomination Committee reps.

There is no problem with a conflict of interest - we all have them!  Just important for all to know about them up front.

Regards,
Bruce