[registrars]

[registrars] nomination for the Icann Nominating Committee

I know that deadline is close, but I assume that I will make it...

I would like to nominate Bret Fausett, partner at the law firm Hancock
Rothert & Bunshoft LLP to serve as a delegate on the ICANN nominating
committee.

To me Bret represents one of the keenest observers of ICANN, and his weblog
at http://icann.blog.us is probably a daily read for many of you. If not, it
should be.

As it was first highlighted to me by another member of this constituency,
and as I have since discussed others of you in private, I believe that it
will be hard for members of the constituency to serve on the nominating
committee, should the person observe the full criteria at
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/registrars/Arc02/msg00003.html.

## 4. Persons who are neutral and objective, without any fixed personal
## commitments to particular individuals, organizations, or commercial
## objectives in carrying out their Nominating Committee responsibilities;

I think it is the right time for us as constituency, to point to someone
from beyond our ranks to serve on this critical post.

I hope you will all take time to give this some thought.

Regards,
Nikolaj

ps. Bret has not and does represent Ascio in any matters, whatsoever.