[registrars] Election of Registrars Representative on ICANN Nominating Committee
One administrative item that is high priority is electing a representative on the ICANN Nominating Committee.
Amongst other responsibilities that Nominating Committee will select 8 ICANN Board seats
(probably in time for the ICANN Board meeting in March 03), and will select an additional 3 seats on the GNSO council (the GNSO Council selects two ICANN Board members).
We get one representative on this nominating committee, and this representative will be appointed for a 1 year term (I think the first term expires at the end of the ICANN AGM and the end of 03).
The criteria for selecting this representative is:
Delegates to the ICANN Nominating Committee shall be:
1. Accomplished persons of integrity, objectivity, and intelligence, with reputations for sound judgment and open minds, and with experience and competence with collegial large group decision-making;
2. Persons with wide contacts, broad experience in the Internet community, and a commitment to the success of ICANN;
3. Persons whom the selecting body is confident will consult widely and accept input in carrying out their responsibilities;
4. Persons who are neutral and objective, without any fixed personal commitments to particular individuals, organizations, or commercial objectives in carrying out their Nominating Committee responsibilities;
5. Persons with an understanding of ICANN's mission and the potential impact of ICANN's activities on the broader Internet community who are willing to serve as volunteers, without compensation other than the reimbursement of certain expenses; and
6. Persons who are able to work and communicate in written and spoken English.
Start thinking of your preferred nominations!
It would be good if those that are nominated could post a formal response to the constituency of how they meet the criteria above.